Monday, August 10, 2009

1. Resilience: Reflections on the Burdens and Gifts of Facing Life's Adversities - Elizabeth Edwards

Elizabeth Edward's book, Resilience, was simple - but a decent, quick read. Unfortunately, I have to question her motives for writing it. How are you going to come out with a book called Resilience, clearly addressing your husband's infidelity - then refuse to grant an interview to ANY reporter who dares mention the "other woman's" name??

But God bless her. Not only did this strong soul have to deal with her sixteen year old son's death - she had to deal with the very private issue of her husband's infidelity reaching the national spotlight. (Do you know what the "other woman's" pick up line was? "You're hot." How dreadful!)

"I am who I am. I am imperfect in a million ways, but I always thought I was the kind of woman, the kind of wife to whom a husband would be faithful. I had asked for fidelity, begged for it, really, when we married. I never need flowers or jewelry; I don't care about vacations or a nice car. But I need you to be faithful. Leave me, if you must, but be faithful to me if you are with me."

1 comment:

  1. she is a neat lady...although we all know she wrote that book for financial independence from John...don't you think?

    ReplyDelete